Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Not for the softhearted


Martha Stewart Living, Feb 2007


It SNOWED in Boston this weekend [we were all wondering when we would get hit ]. With 2-4 inches and no place to go, I decide to stay in and catch up on my resting project. I took the time to take in the lovely bright white view outside my window, and also to recharge.
You'd be suprise how much recharging makes you hungry though. I found myself craving something sweet, prefrably something hot and in a perfect world something chocolaty.
Mmmm, Hot chocolate.
Even though I have perfected my hot chocolate mix over the years, ways of presenting a good cup of hot chocolate is always welcome. Give thanks yet again to the queen of Living magazine for this wonderful hot chocolate presentation. And with valentine just around the corner I though this would be a perfect head start. Enjoy!

Hot Chocolate
1 quart (1l) half-and-half or whole milk
8 ounces (230g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
4 ounces (115g) milk chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
tiny pinch of salt
tiny pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Warm about one-third of the half-and-half or milk, with the chopped chocolates, sugar and salt, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
2. Whisk in the remaining half-and-half or milk, heating until the mixture is warmed through. Add the cinnamon, vanilla and cayenne (if using).
3. Use a hand-held blender, or a whisk, and mix the hot chocolate until it’s completely smooth. Serve very warm.
Serve with a heart cutout marshmallow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooo rich and I so delicious as well! Yummy!

Post a Comment